Russia accuses Turkey of sending foreign fighters to Libya
Russia on Wednesday accused Turkey of helping foreign fighters cross into Libya, the Interfax news agency reported.
Interfax cited Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov as making the accusation.
Turkey was reported to have sent to Libya thousands of mercenaries and jihadist fighters from Syria.
France has also accused Turkey of sending mercenaries and military equipment to Libya.
Bogdanov also said on Wednesday that Russia did not see evidence that Libya's warring factions were prepared to implement military and political decisions reached at a conference in Berlin in January.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel told reporters after the Berlin summit that it had been agreed that a tentative truce in Tripoli should be turned into a permanent ceasefire to allow a political process to take place.
Mikhail Bogdanov, Russia's deputy foreign minister, was cited by TASS as saying that the truce announced by Libyan National Army Commander Khalifa Haftar and UN-supported Prime Minister Fayez Mustafa al-Sarraj on Jan. 12 was generally being observed.
But he was also quoted as saying that there was no sign that either side supported what he called the basic principles for resolving the crisis when it came to military and political developments.